Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Misconceptions from University of Phoenix and Other Online Schools

Online schools have shown up all over the Internet. I am sure that online schools can be just as good as traditional schools in developing many (but not all) of the skills that students need to excel in the workplace and in life. Unfortunately, the Internet has made it possible for unscrupulous companies to set up online schools as cash cows with little regard for the education of their students. It is difficult to distinguish the decent online schools from the diploma mills, and the jury is still out on this.

The purpose of this blog is not to judge the quality of these online programs because I am not in a position to do that. I am neither a student or employee of any of these schools so I can't testify to the quality of the education they provide. However, in my own research I have seen posts by many students from these schools who are basically spewing crap out their mouths. This is probably a large part of the reason why these schools have such a poor reputation. I do not mean to offend everyone intending these schools; I am sure there are intelligent students from University of Phoenix, Devry, etc. Unfortunately, the ignorance of these other posters has contributed to the poor reputations which everyone else has to contend with.

Feel free to add comments, whether you agree or disagree with me. However, any comments where people are criticizing others for poor spelling will be deleted. You can be hostile, just don't be petty and pathetic.

No comments:

Post a Comment